Web Site Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting the Target Optical site, provided to you by Luxottica Retail. This document sets forth the terms and conditions that apply to your use of the site.
Changes to this Agreement
1. 1. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to revise this Agreement at any time. Any changes to these terms will be included in a revised version of this Agreement accessible through the site. Your continued use of the site and any related services following posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes your unconditional acceptance and agreement to be bound by the changed terms. You must cease using the site if you do not agree to be bound by the revised terms and conditions.
General Use and Site License
3. This site and its related services are intended only for use by those who are 18 years of age or older and of the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside. If you are not 18 or older, and of the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which you reside, you cannot use this site without the supervision of your parent or legal guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian, you agree that you will monitor and supervise the use of this site by children, minors and others under your care, and you agree to be responsible for their use of this site.
4. The content contained in this site is provided by Target Optical as a service to its customers. This site does not contain information about all diseases, nor does this site contain all medical information that may be relevant. All content provided in this site is only general health information and is only intended to facilitate communication between you and your healthcare provider. It is not intended for diagnosis and cannot provide a diagnosis for any particular individual and should not be used as a substitute for seeking professional medical advice, diagnosis, treatment, or care. All specific medical questions you have about your medical condition, treatment, care, or diagnosis should be presented to your own professional healthcare provider. You should never disregard medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this site.
5. We grant you a limited, nonexclusive and revocable license to make personal and non-commercial use of the site. You may view, copy, download or print materials from this site for your own personal and non-commercial use. In this context, "personal and non-commercial use" does not include posting, uploading or otherwise publishing the materials to any other site, except that you may post and share materials from this site in connection with your non-commercial and personal use of social media web sites and services, such as Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter, as well as through blogs or similar types of postings. This license does not include any rights not specifically enumerated herein. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with the terms and conditions contained herein.
6. Without altering the scope of the license, and except as expressly provided for in this Agreement, this license does not include the right (a) to modify, adapt, translate, copy, reproduce, imitate, distribute, publish or resell the site or any of the content on the site, including but not limited to the trademarks and copyrights of Luxottica Retail and its affiliates, or to make derivative use of the site or its contents; (b) to make commercial use of the site or any of its contents; (c) to collect and use product listings, descriptions or images; (d) to download or copy any user's account information for your own use or for the benefit of another party; (e) to bypass any technical measures used to prevent or restrict access to any portion of the site; (f) to reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the site, or to convert into human readable form any of the contents of this site not intended to be so read, including but not limited to using or directly viewing the underlying code for the site except as interpreted and displayed in a web browser; (g) to use any data mining, robots, or similar automated data gathering and extraction tools to access the site; (h) to violate or attempt to violate the security of the site, or (i) to interfere with or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the site.
7. You acknowledge that your use of this site is at our sole discretion, and your license to use the site may be terminated by us at any time, for any reason or for no reason. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to refuse service, to block or prevent future access to and use of this site, to terminate any user's account, and to alter or delete any material submitted to the site through the user's account. Following termination of this license, the terms of this Agreement shall still apply to the extent practicable.
Intellectual Property Rights
8. Unless otherwise noted, all content included on this site, including images, illustrations, designs, icons, photographs, video clips, text and other material, is the property of Luxottica Retail or its suppliers, licensors, partners or affiliates and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. All of the content on this site is either the property of Luxottica Retail or is used by us with the permission of its owner. The compilation of this site is the exclusive property of Luxottica Retail and is protected by United States and international copyright laws. You agree that you will not take any actions inconsistent with Luxottica Retail's ownership of the site and its content.
9. The trademarks, logos, and service marks displayed on this site are owned by Luxottica Retail and third parties, and this site's trade dress is owned by Luxottica Retail. All trademarks not owned by Luxottica Retail are the property of their respective owners, and, where used by Luxottica Retail, are used with permission. Nothing contained on this site may be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any right or license to use any trademark. Luxottica Retail's trademarks and/or trade dress may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part (including use in metatags or in hidden text), without our prior written permission. You agree that you will not take any actions inconsistent with Luxottica Retail's ownership of, or any third party's ownership of, the trademarks and trade dress used on this site.
10. Any unauthorized use of any content or materials on this site is strictly prohibited and may violate copyright and trademark laws, and/or the laws of privacy, publicity, and/or communications regulations and statutes. For information on how you may obtain authorization to use any materials or content from this site, or to use Luxottica Retail trademarks, service marks, product names or trade dress, please contact us through the Customer Service section of this site.
11. Before you can make use of certain services associated with this site, you must register as a user and create a user account. You agree and warrant that all information you provide to us through this site, including but not limited to any contact information and other registration information for your account, is truthful and accurate. You further agree to maintain the accuracy of your account information and to inform us promptly of any changes to your account information, including but not limited to any changes to your email address.
12. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. You agree not to disclose your account password to others, and you agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. We are neither responsible for nor liable for any loss or other injury that you may incur as a result of someone else using your user account or password, either with or without your knowledge.
13. By creating an account with Luxottica Retail, you consent to receive communications from us electronically via the email address associated with your account, or via whatever other contact information such as text, you may utilize to communicate with us. Although you can opt not to receive promotional messages, we retain the right to send you informational email messages about your account or administrative notices regarding the site, as permitted under the CAN-SPAM Act (15 U.S.C. §7701 et seq.).
Matter you may submit to Target Optical
14. From time to time Target Optical may make available on this Site bulletin boards, chat rooms, comment areas, billboards, forums, news groups, postings sections or similar communications facilities. In such instances, Target Optical welcomes your participation and/or comments regarding our merchandise and services, including our Site. However, any personal photos, notes, messages, billboard postings, ideas, suggestions, or other material which you submit to Target Optical must not harass, slander, malign, libel, defame, threaten, or otherwise violate any rights of any third-parties and must not include any profanity, obscene, indecent, pornographic, defamatory or unlawful material.
15. Any and all notes, messages, billboard postings, ideas, suggestions, or other material which you submit to Target Optical will become, upon your submission, the sole and exclusive property of Target Optical and Target Optical shall be and is entitled to use any kind and nature of material which you submit for any type of use in perpetuity, and including in any and all media whether now known or hereafter devised. By submitting material to this Site, you are agreeing and you do agree that Target Optical has the right to publish any such material for any type of use as outlined above including for promotional and advertising purposes, without compensation of any kind to you. As a result, we must ask that you do not send us any original creative materials such as stories, product ideas, catalog ideas, or original artwork. However, if you choose to do so, you are forever assigning all rights in such original creative materials to Target Optical. By submitting any materials of any kind to Target Optical, you represent and warrant that you hold all necessary right, title and license to such materials and that your submission of such materials to Target Optical does not and will not violate or infringe the rights of any third-parties.
16. Target Optical has no obligation to monitor the bulletin board services, chat rooms, postings sections, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities. However, Target Optical reserves the right at all times and in its sole and absolute discretion, to disclose any information deemed by Target Optical necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, or to edit, refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part.
17. You acknowledge that communications to or with the bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities are not private communications, therefore others may view your personal photos and read your communications without your knowledge. You should always use caution when providing any personal information about yourself or your children. Target Optical does not control or endorse the content, messages or information found in any bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, communities and/or other message or communication facilities and, specifically disclaims any liability with regard to same and any actions resulting from your participation. To the extent that there are moderators, forum managers or hosts, none are authorized Company spokespersons, and their views do not necessarily reflect those of Target Optical.
19. You agree to fully indemnify Target Optical, its shareholders, officers, directors, employees, agents, distributors, vendors, and affiliates from and against any and all third party claims, demands, liabilities, costs or expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from your breach of any of these terms and conditions, including, but not limited to, any allegations, damages or claims relating to any of your postings or communications in any forums or facilities on the Site, or for infringement or violation of any third-party rights.
Site Promotions and Transactions
20. We are not responsible for typographical or other errors or omissions regarding products, prices or other information provided on this site. All product sales and promotions are subject to the terms of this Agreement, in addition to any other terms that may apply. Promotional offers and prices are available for a limited time as specified on the site. Prices and promotions are subject to change without prior notice, and inventory and availability are subject to change.
21. The posting of prices on our site is not an offer for sale of goods, and the order confirmation is not an acceptance of an offer to purchase goods. We cannot confirm the price of an item until you order; however, we do NOT charge your credit card until after your order has entered the shipping process. Despite our best efforts, some items shown on this site may be mispriced. If an item's correct price is higher than our advertised price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. The contract for sale of goods between us and any customer is not entered into until we charge a valid credit card or otherwise accept payment.
22. Depending on your location, items purchased from this site may be subject to tax at the appropriate state and local rate. Applicable taxes will be displayed during the ordering process.
23. All items purchased from this site are made pursuant to a shipment contract. This means that the risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
24. Because customer service is paramount to our business, we reserve the right to refuse to sell products to you if it reasonably appears to us that you intend to resell the products. In addition, we reserve the right to limit quantities of items purchased by each customer, to cancel any order or part of an order, or to refuse service to anyone for any reason. Such reasons may include, but are not limited to, unauthorized coupon use, product availability, price discrepancy or pricing error. We reserve the right to charge fees or extra shipping charges for any product that is backordered.
25. From time to time, we may offer and/or co-sponsor contests, sweepstakes, games, or other similar promotions via this site. Each of these activities shall be governed by specific rules accessible from the site in connection with the promotion.
Links to Third Party Sites
26. From time to time, we may provide links to other internet sites or resources via this site, and other sites may link to this site. We have not reviewed the accuracy of the content of any linked third party site. No endorsement of any such linked third party site is made, either express or implied. Because we have no control over such sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such sites or resources. You further acknowledge and agree that we shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on or through any such site or resource. Use of such links is at your own risk.
27. To the extent applicable, software from this site is subject to United States Export Controls. No software from this site may be downloaded or exported (i) into, or to a national or resident of, any other country to which the United States has embargoed goods; or (ii) to anyone to the United States Treasury Department's list of Specially Designated Nations or the U.S. Commerce Department's Table of Deny Orders. By downloading or using software on this Site, you represent and warrant that you are not located in, under the control of, or a national or resident of any such country or any such list.
Disclaimer of Warranties; Indemnification; Resolution of Disputes
28. Luxottica Retail provides this site and the associated services in connection with one or more affiliated companies and third party agents. Any terms and conditions related to the disclaimer of warranties, your obligation to indemnify Luxottica Retail, and your available remedy in the event of any dispute apply equally with respect to these affiliated companies and agents.
29. THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY ASSOCIATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED BY LUXOTTICA RETAIL ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. LUXOTTICA RETAIL MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE, TO THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE, OR TO THE FUNCTIONALITY OF ANY SERVICES ASSOCIATED THEREWITH. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, LUXOTTICA RETAIL DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OF WORKMANLIKE EFFORT, OF SUITABILITY, AVAILABILITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS OR TIMELINESS OF CONTENT, OR OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, AS WELL AS WARRANTIES ARISING THROUGH COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OR TRADE. FURTHER, LUXOTTICA RETAIL MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT THIS SITE AND/OR ITS CONTENTS ARE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, RELIABLE, CURRENT OR ERROR-FREE. LUXOTTICA RETAIL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS OR OMISSIONS RELATING TO PRICING, TEXT, PHOTOGRAPHY OR ANY OTHER CONTENTS ON THIS SITE.
30. BY USING THE LUXOTTICA RETAIL SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE, INCLUDING YOUR USE OF ANY AND ALL ASSOCIATED CONTENT, DATA OR SOFTWARE DISTRIBUTED BY, DOWNLOADED OR ACCESSED FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE, AND ANY ASSOCIATED SERVICES IS SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. LUXOTTICA RETAIL DOES NOT WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THAT ITS SITE, SERVERS OR E-MAILS SENT BY OR ON BEHALF OF LUXOTTICA RETAIL ARE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. FURTHER, LUXOTTICA RETAIL DOES NOT GUARANTEE THE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED AND ERROR-FREE OPERATION OF ITS SITE, NOR THAT ALL COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN YOU AND LUXOTTICA RETAIL, OR BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OTHER USER OF THE SITE, WILL BE SECURE FROM ACCESS OR INTERFERENCE BY THIRD PARTIES.
31. LUXOTTICA RETAIL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR OTHERWISE RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR THE ASSOCIATED SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, EVEN IF LUXOTTICA RETAIL HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, LUXOTTICA RETAIL WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER, TELECOMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT, OR OTHER PROPERTY CAUSED BY OR ARISING FROM YOUR ACCESSING OR USE OF THIS SITE, OR FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS FROM THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF A THIRD PARTY'S UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO AND USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED ON LUXOTTICA RETAIL'S COMPUTERS AND/OR SERVERS. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF LUXOTTICA RETAIL, ITS PARENT, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES - WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY - ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OF THIS SITE EXCEED THE LESSER OF $5, OR THE TOTAL AMOUNT YOU PAID TO LUXOTTICA RETAIL.
33. CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS.
32. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Luxottica Retail, its subsidiaries, agents, distributors and affiliates, and their officers, directors and employees, from and against any claim, demand, damages, cost and expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, arising from or related to your use of this site and the services provided in connection with the site, or your breach of any provision of this Agreement or any warranty provided hereunder.
33. You agree that if you are dissatisfied with the site or any services offered in connection with the site, if you do not agree with any part of this Agreement, or you have any other dispute or claim with or against Luxottica Retail with respect to this Agreement or the site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the site and any services offered in connection with the site.
34. This site is created and maintained by Luxottica Retail in the State of Ohio. We make no representation that the site or any of its content is appropriate or available for use outside the United States of America, and access to the site from territories where the content is illegal is prohibited. You agree that you are solely responsible for compliance with applicable local laws connected with your use of this site.
35. You agree that the laws of the State of Ohio, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws, will govern this Agreement and any dispute of any sort that may arise between you and Luxottica Retail or its affiliates. Regardless of where you access this site, you agree that any action or proceeding arising out of this Agreement or your use of the Luxottica Retail site, whether at law or in equity, must be brought in the state or federal courts serving Warren County, Ohio, and you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of such courts. You further agree to file any cause of action with respect to this Agreement within one year after the cause of action arises. You agree that a cause of action filed after this date is barred.
Copyright Infringement Claims
36. Luxottica Retail respects the intellectual property rights of third parties, and complies with the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) regarding such rights. Luxottica Retail reserves the right to remove access to infringing material posted to its site. Such actions do not affect or modify any other rights Luxottica Retail may have under law or contract.
If you believe that any portion of the material contained on this site infringes your copyright, notify Luxottica Retail of your claim in accordance with the following procedure. We will take appropriate action as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3).
Written Notification must be submitted to this site's Designated Agent:
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, Ohio 45040
Facsimile: (513) 492-6907
To be effective, the Notification must be in writing and contain the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Upon receipt of the written Notification containing the information outlined above, Luxottica Retail will:
- Remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
- Forward the written notification to such alleged infringer;
- Take reasonable steps to promptly notify the alleged infringer that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
A Counter Notification will be effective if in writing, provided to the Designated Agent, and including substantially the following:
- A physical or electronic signature of the alleged infringer;
- Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
- A statement under penalty of perjury that the alleged infringer has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled;
- The alleged infringer's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the alleged infringer consents to jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located or, if outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which Luxottica Retail may be found, and that the alleged infringer will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or the agent of such person.
Upon receipt of a Counter Notification containing the information outlined above, Luxottica Retail will:
- promptly provide the complaining party with a copy of the Counter Notification;
- inform the complaining party that it will replace the removed material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following the receipt of the Counter Notification, provided Luxottica Retail's Designated Agent has not received notice from the complaining party that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain alleged infringer from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on Luxottica Retail's network or system.
This process only relates to reporting a claim of copyright infringement. Messages related to other matters will not receive a response through this process.
37. This Agreement represents the entire understanding between the parties regarding your use of the site, and supersedes all other agreements, express or implied, between them. This Agreement shall not be modified except as provided for herein or except in writing, signed by an authorized representative of Luxottica Retail. If any provision of this Agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason whatsoever, the remainder of this Agreement shall be enforced to the extent possible, and the offending provision shall be treated as though not a part of this Agreement. Luxottica Retail's failure to act with respect to a breach of this Agreement by you or others does not constitute a waiver of its rights with respect to that breach or any subsequent breach, nor shall it constitute a waiver of any other rights under this Agreement.
38. A printed version of this Agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this Agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form.
40. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact us at:
Luxottica Retail North America, Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Office
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, Ohio 45040
Phone: (513) 765-4321
If you are a California resident and a Target Optical customer, you have the right to request information from Luxottica Retail North America Inc. ("Luxottica Retail" ) about the way in which Luxottica Retail shares certain categories of your personal information with its affiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes.
California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to Luxottica Retail at CAPrivacyPolicy@luxotticaretail.com and receive the following information:
1) the covered categories of personal information disclosed by Luxottica Retail to affiliated Luxottica Retail brands for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, and
2) the names of the affiliated companies sharing the Luxottica Retail name which received such information.
You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format, and the information will not be specific to you individually.Back to top
TRANSPARENCY IN SUPPLY CHAIN DISCLOSURE
Luxottica has adopted both a Code of Conduct and a Code of Ethics, with which employees, business partners and suppliers are expected to comply. Luxottica produces the vast majority of its products at facilities that it owns and where it controls hiring and employment practices. The Codes require that all associated with Luxottica behave ethically and within the bounds of the law, to respect the rights of people's dignity, health and safety, and that also denounces the use of child labor. Luxottica promotes the safeguarding of workers' rights, trade union freedom and freedom of association in general.
Luxottica investigates the reputation and lawfulness of the suppliers it uses, and supervises the observance by its suppliers of its Code of Ethics through frequent company employee visits. The company is in the process to deploy a Global Audit program designed to cover Environmental, Health, Safety & Social aspect.
Luxottica requires suppliers to comply with the laws of the jurisdiction in which the product is made and strives to ensure that the rights contemplated by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights are guaranteed in the different countries in which it operates.
Luxottica supervises the observance of the Code of Ethics, providing information, prevention tools and controls and assuring the transparency of its operations and behaviors, intervening with remedial actions as necessary. Compliance with the Code of Ethics is a requirement for continued employment or business relationship with Luxottica.
Regular training is a part of employment with Luxottica, including that related to compliance with the law. Specific training relating to human trafficking and slavery and mitigation of the risk of such practices with the supply chain is in the process of development.Back to top
Target Optical Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes the types of information Luxottica Retail North America Inc. ("Luxottica Retail") collects from you when you visit or order products from TargetOptical.com (the "Site"), and explains what we do with that information. This Privacy Statement is effective as of August 29, 2010 and will remain in effect until we replace it.
INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
Purchasing a Product or Service
If you purchase a product or service from us, we request certain personally identifiable information from you on our order form. You must provide contact information (including, but not limited to, name, email, and shipping address) and financial information (including, but not limited to, credit card number, expiration date, etc.). We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
Surveys or Contests
From time to time we may provide you the opportunity to participate in surveys, contests or sweepstakes on our Site. If you participate, we will request certain personally identifiable information from you. Participation is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. The requested information typically includes your name, address, e-mail address, age and certain demographic information (such as income level and gender). We use this information to administer the survey, contest or sweepstakes, to monitor the interests and attitudes of visitors to our Site and to ensure that our Site provides information that is relevant and helpful. We also use this information to communicate with you about offers and events at Target Optical. You may, however, choose not to receive these types of communications. Please see the section below titled "Choice and Opt-out."
We may use or partner with a third party to advertise, promote or conduct these surveys, contests and sweepstakes; service providers are prohibited from using our users' personally identifiable information for any other purpose other than the administration of the survey, contest or sweepstakes. Other than such third party, we will not share the personally identifiable information you provide through a survey, contest or sweepstakes with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
As is true of most Web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users' movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
We also use a third-party tracking service to track non-personally identifiable information about visitors to our Site in the aggregate; and we use pixels, or transparent GIF files to enable us to learn which advertisements bring users to our Site. We may from time to time use other third parties for similar type tracking services. Any information we track in this manner is anonymous, limited to usage and volume statistics, and is used to provide insight into the effectiveness of our online marketing initiatives and strategies.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate our site. A session ID cookie expires when you close you browser. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time. You can remove persistent cookies by following directions provided in your Internet browser's "help" file.
We set a session cookie to store your passwords, so you don't have to enter it more than once per session. Persistent cookies enable us to track and target the interests of our users to enhance the experience on our site. If you reject cookies, you may still use our site, but your ability to use some areas of our site, such as contests, surveys and online shopping will be limited.
Communications from the Site
Special Offers and Updates
If you choose to order a product from us through this Site, we will occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals and promotions. You may, however, choose not to receive these types of communications at the time of your order. Please see the section below titled "Choice and Opt-out."
Based upon the personally identifiable information you provide us, we will communicate with you in response to your inquiries, to provide the services you request, and to manage your account. We will communicate with you by email or telephone, in accordance with your wishes.
We store information that we collect through cookies, log files and third party sources to create a "profile" of your preferences. We tie your personally identifiable information, and your purchasing history, to information in the profile, in order to provide tailored promotions and marketing offers and to improve the content of the Site for you. We do not share your profile with third parties other than third parties that assist us in our marketing efforts.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We are required by applicable federal and state law to maintain the privacy of your health information. Please see our HIPAA Privacy Statement for information on our privacy practices, our legal duties, and your rights concerning your health information. Any health information we collect from you on this site will be handled in accordance with the terms of our HIPAA Privacy Statement.
Aggregate Information (Non-Personally Identifiable)
We share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our agents, including agencies or third-party vendors used to aggregate demographic information, provide marketing analysis and consult on advertising strategies. This information does not identify individual users. We do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information.
Information collected on this Site may be shared with our current and future affiliates and our other brands, including, but not limited to LensCrafters, EyeMed Vision Care, Pearle Vision, Sears Optical and Sunglass Hut (collectively, the "Luxottica Companies"). .The Luxottica Companies will occasionally send you information on products, services, special deals and promotions in which you might have an interest. The Luxottica Companies' use of your information will be limited by the terms of this Privacy Statement in the same way that our use of your information is limited. If you do not wish to receive communications from any or all of the Luxottica Companies, you may choose not to allow us to share your information with them. Please see the section below titled "Choice and Opt-out."
Other than the Luxottica Companies, any successor entities to the Luxottica Companies, and our agents and partners, or as otherwise provided in this Privacy Statement, we do not share your personally identifiable information with third parties.
We use an outside shipping company to fulfill orders, and a credit card processing company to bill you for goods and services. These companies do not retain, share, store or use personally identifiable information for any other purposes.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site.
Choice and Opt-out
We provide you the opportunity to 'opt-out' of having your personally identifiable information used for certain purposes, or if you no longer wish to receive our promotional communications, you can indicate your preference on our email communications by following the opt out process on the communication.
You will be notified when your personal information is collected by any third-party that is not our agent/service provider, so you can make an informed choice as to whether or not to share your information with that party.
Links to Other Sites
This Site contains links to other sites that are not owned or controlled by the Luxottica Companies. Also, you may have linked to this Site from another site not owned or controlled by the Luxottica Companies. Please be aware that Luxottica Companies are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites.
Be careful of disclosing any of your personally identifiable information when leaving our Site. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information.
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by this Web site.
Access to Personally Identifiable Information
If your personally identifiable information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete or deactivate it by contacting our Customer Support by telephone or postal mail at the contact information listed below or by sending an email to email@example.com.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number and/or social security number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
If you have any questions about security on this website, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event Luxottica Retail, or its affiliates goes through a business transition, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, your personally identifiable information will likely be among the assets transferred. You will be notified via a prominent notice on our Site for 30 days of any such change in ownership or control of your personal information. You consent to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to any such successor entity unless you notify us via email to the contrary.
Changes in this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this privacy statement at any time, so please review it frequently. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you here, by email, or by means of a notice on our home page.
4000 Luxottica Place
Mason, Ohio 45040
Back to top